Celebrating National Bourbon Day with Runamok Maple
Seems like there is a national holiday for everything these days, but here is one we can totally get behind. June 14th is National Bourbon Day! In honor of this very special day. we are putting a twist on one of our favorite summer-time recipes from our friends at Runamok Maple.
French Toast Milkshake (#NationalBourbonDay Edition!)
The original recipe was generously shared by Kelli Joseph from her blog, Don’t Bring Anything.
- 1/2 cup Runamok Whiskey-barrel aged maple syrup
- 3 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (with an additional sprinkle for garnishing)
- whipped topping (for garnish)
- 2oz Bourbon (Try Vermont-Made Mad River Distillers Bourbon Whiskey!)
In a blender, combine maple syrup, vanilla ice cream, milk, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth on medium speed. Pour contents into a freezer-safe cup (I would recommend something plastic). Place freezer-safe cup in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until mixture thickens – pour in your bourbon of choice and stir together to combine. Top milkshake with whipped topping and garnish with additional cinnamon. Enjoy!